Fairer Rental Rules For Renters And Owners
- NSW Labor will deliver fairer rental rules for renters and owners by providing more certainty and reducing upfront costs of moving for renters.
- A Minns Labor Government will streamline the rental bond process by allowing for portable bonds, meaning tenants can transfer a bond from one property to another.
- This makes the rental process more accessible and gives renters peace of mind during the stressful moving process.
- The Perrottet Government introduced legislation in 2018 to allow for portable bonds, but has failed to deliver on the implementation of this scheme.
- NSW Labor will also end no-grounds evictions, and will work closely with stakeholder and advocacy groups to develop a list of clear reasonable grounds for an owner to end a tenancy.